Thursday, October 6, 2016

Poetry Prompts Day 6 - OctPoWriMo 2016

I just want to remind you that there are only two of us facilitating OctPoWriMo and we can't get to all of the blogs to read your poetry and leave a comment everyday, even though we'd love to. I can say that I am enjoying the poems I'm able to read, you all are writing some pretty amazing words out there. I just love how some of you are playing with your words, opening up and spilling the words onto the page, and allowing yourself to expand by trying new forms of poetry.

Now as for today's prompt, I decided to pull up the definition.

Tantalizing - from dictionary.com.

Having or exhibiting something that provokes or arouses expectation, interest, or desire, especially that which remains unobtainable or beyond one's reach: a tantalizing taste of success.

I must say that I have many desires and one of which is having a beautiful garden with unusual items throughout. I find this photo of this old car planter tantalizing! I can imagine sitting inside with my notebook and pen playing with my words.

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net by Lilla Frerichs

Day 5 Prompt: Tantalizing

Possibilities:

What do you find tantalizing? What has provoked your interest or desire recently?

Free write for ten minutes answering those questions or some of your own.

Suggested shorter poetry type: Diamante

Suggested longer poetry type: Loop Poetry

Word Prompts:

provokes
expectation
desire
interest
tempting


Music for your Muse:




Remember, our prompts are only suggestions, where you find inspiration for your poetry is up to you.
During OctPoWriMo, if you want to make sure that we know you have written something new, comment in that day's post with your link to your blog and/or share your link on Twitter with the hashtag, #OctPoWriMo.
If you would like to leave an active link in the comments:

<a href = "your link">your title</a>

You have to put the link to your post (same link you would put in the comment section) in the, "your link" space within the quotations and the title to your post in the, your title, space.

Our link would look like this:

<a href="https://poetsonthepage.blogspot.com/">OctPoWriMo</a>

Once you hit publish on your comment it would look like this (only with the name of your post):

OctPoWriMo

I hope that helps. You don't have to do this, it is only if you would like to make your link an active link.

Remember to visit two or more OctPoWriMo participants and leave encouraging and supportive words along the way.

Peace,
Morgan Dragonwillow
Read, Dance, Write, Repeat.


Morgan Dragonwillow, author of Wild Woman Waking & Dancing within Shadow, is a writing rebel, foodie, urban gardener, recovering perfectionist, facilitator of magical circles and poet who (mostly) doesn't let her fears get in the way of her passion for writing and creating. When she isn't working with clients, writing or dancing, you can find her encouraging and supporting her writing community at @StoryDam, #OctPoWriMo#PoetsonthePage, and  Playing with Words on her blog.
Yes she is on Google+ too!




Make sure you sign up to receive our updates, tips and prompts to share in all the poetry fun!

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

26 comments:

  1. Thanks! Here is my link - https://ramblingsofawriter2016.com/2016/10/06/octprowrimo-day-6-english-tanka-poem-prompt-tantalizing/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used your prompt today and tried the diamante style poem. Here is my post:
    OctPoWriMo: Day 6

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diamante saved my day :D

    https://proudmommaofgirls.wordpress.com/2016/10/06/seasons/

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little shorter poem for today, but earlier! Enjoy.
    "Tantalizing . . . "

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here are my poems for days 5 and 6: http://biancasbookblog.blogspot.fr/2016/10/octpowrimo-days-5-and-6.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting form of poetry, loved it :-)

    Here's my post for the day :

    http://amritapauls.blogspot.in/2016/10/tantalizing-strings.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi All

    Here is my entry for today. It was fun. I actually stayed inside the prompt today

    https://thoughtsandentanglements.wordpress.com/2016/10/06/diamante-poem-love/

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried the loop on tantalising food :)
    https://ladyleemanila.wordpress.com/2016/10/06/poetry-prompts-day-6-octpowrimo-2016-tantalising/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here is my Day 6. I decided to use the Diamante format. What a beautiful format! I love it!

    You and Me

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving these words!

    https://writersdream9.wordpress.com/2016/10/06/tantalizing-release/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seduction. https://arhtisticlicense.com/2016/10/06/octpowrimo-day-6/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving to experiment with the suggested poetry styles.
    Day 6 effort:
    https://wendlesblog.wordpress.com/2016/10/07/tantalizing/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just found you and this poetry in October challenge today! Poetry is my default, I have a lot to learn, so I would love to join when I can or next time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, join in, we'd love for you to write poetry with us!

      Delete
  15. I haven't written anything for about 2-3 years. OctoPoWrimo is slowly waking up my lazy muse :)


    Soothing Solitude

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Day-6

    http://musingssurvive.blogspot.in/2016/10/promised-dreams.html

    ReplyDelete