Friday, September 9, 2016

One Word at a Time - OctPoWriMo 2016 Countdown

Today I did something different with my magnetic poetry, I pulled words that called to me and instead of making a poem out of just those words, I chose one of them and wrote whatever came up for me. I then chose another word from my pile and wrote what came up for me until I wrote with all the words that wanted to be heard.

Each one was only about a sentence long and that was fine. I don't feel the poem is finished yet, I'm going to go through each of the sentences and see how they fit together and in what form. I'll probably share the end result in a later post.

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net
by Brianna Thomas
It's been a rough week for me, my car even broke down and I had to take her to the car doctor today. I'm feeling rather exhausted and this photo pulled at me. I wish I was sitting there writing and enjoying the view.

How was your week? Have any plans for the weekend?

Posts to Explore:





A poem that I wrote over a year ago that came to me one line at a time and seems a fitting message for me now.


Ties
ties that bind
bind our hearts and tangle our feet
feet that can't move as though stuck in cement
cement weighing the child I used to be many summers past
past time to let go, drop these binds that trip me and make me fall
fall into being all of who I am without these ties that hold me down
down to me, my soul screaming to be heard loud and clear
clear to speak my truth that's begging to unfold
unfold my limbs to skip and dance again
again I dance
dance


What do you think, will you be joining us and diving into all things poetry in October? Have you signed up yet? Take a moment and click on over to OctPoWriMo link up, and sign up today. Remember to tell all your poet friends and lover of words to come check it out by sharing the hashtag #OctPoWriMo across social media!

21 Days and Counting!

Peace,
Morgan Dragonwillow
Read, Dance, Write, Repeat.


Morgan Dragonwillow is a poet, author, encourager, and facilitator of magical circles. She is team leader at @StoryDam, #OctPoWriMo and #PoetsonthePage You can find her Playing with Words and dancing on her blog.
Yes she is on Google+ too!





Make sure you sign up to receive our updates, tips and prompts to share in all the poetry fun!

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment