Saturday, October 10, 2015

Poetry Prompt 10 - Wild Writing

How are things going? Are you writing poetry everyday, every other day, are you stuck? Remember wherever you are it is right and perfect. Be kind to yourself, take a bubble bath, go for a walk, or as I talk about below, dance.

Image by Morgan Dragonwillow

Wild Writing: Wild writing comes from the wild mind. For me it is accessing that part of myself that is primal, that part of myself that doesn’t listen to societal conventions. Dancing takes me to this place like nothing else can. It takes me out of my body and into that space of imagination, possibilities, and no thought. I know you’re probably wondering how you can write if you are in a place of no thought. Well, that is the place where your ego steps out of the way and deep connection happens. It is a place where your writing can fall onto the page almost of its own volition. Try it for yourself, put on some music and dance into and out of your own way and let loose your wild writing.



Writing Prompt:

If you already have music that you want to dance to and access your wild writing, great! If not I am sharing one of my favorites that help me get to that place. Listen to the music, dance, and get in touch with your wild self. When you feel ready, come to the page and let it pour out.

Word Prompt:

Unknown
Uninhibited
Untamed Heart


Sentence Starter:

Blood rushes through my veins...
As I dance...

Hope you are having fun on this OctPoWriMo Journey and your muse is visiting you often!



PageLines- picture20193.jpgMorgan Dragonwillow is a poet, author, foodie, urban gardener, and recovering perfectionist, that (mostly) doesn't let her fears get in the way of her passion for writing and creating. She is team leader at @StoryDam, creatrix of  #OctPoWriMo You can find her Playing with Words on her blog. She lives in Marietta, Ga. with her loving and patient partner, their dog that thinks she's a princess, and the cat that reminds her that she isn't.
You can also find her on Google+

Make sure you sign up to receive our updates, tips and prompts to share in all the poetry fun!


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

2 comments:

  1. Hey,
    Things are going pretty amazing thanks for asking. You're a wonderful OctoPoWriMo host, Morgan. And yes, I am writing poetry every single day. Your prompt seem to hit the right spot because words are just flowing like a stream! Keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete