Thursday, October 8, 2015

Color Me Good | #OctPoWriMo Day 8

Two questions: One do you remember a R&B group from the 90s called Color Me Badd? I'm going to guess probably not, but now you know why the name of this post. Two: Did you know in the United States, often in hospitals the patient rooms are blues and blue-greens? It's because those muted shades promote the feeling of tranquility. Now that I think about it, I had a lot of classrooms with those colors also. I don't think the trick works as well with young kids, who may be a little hyper active.

I'm sure you've noticed it as well. Certain colors may make you happier when you see them. Maybe dark blue reminds you of your Aunt Tilda's dining room curtains. That's where you'd always eat supper when you visited as a child. It was one of your favorite childhood memories, because she always made the best dinner.

Write a poem talking about a color and your memories attached to it. Bring us along for the memory's journey.

 Remember, the prompts are just an option.
Tamara Woods was raised (fairly happily) in West Virginia where she began penning poems after a boy broke her heart. She shares poetry, short stories and writer interviews on her blog, PenPaperPad. Her writing has been featured in Mamalode, In the Powder Room, and many others. She is the editor for The Reverie Journal, which will be releasing it's first poetry collection early October. She also hosts #writestuff TweetChat where writers talk about writing every Tuesday at 9 pm EST. She is a hillbilly hermit living in Honolulu with her Mathmagician.

11 comments:

  1. Just want to apologize for not getting around enough.and not even responding to comments yet....the flu had me down... Starting to feel better so that bodes well for my reading!!!thanks everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just want to apologize for not getting around enough.and not even responding to comments yet....the flu had me down... Starting to feel better so that bodes well for my reading!!!thanks everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. . I have participated in many poem a day challenges but have never enjoyed the prompts as much as I do these. Thank you Ms DragonWillow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course I remember Color me Badd! I was in my mid twenties when they were popular. I remember groups a lot older than they are too, seeing as I'm probably older than just about everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After all, as you can see, I'm a stegosaurus!

      Delete
    2. I'm just glad there's people who remember them. Believe me, there are many circles where that reference would've been met with crickets.

      Delete
  5. Fair warning today: my poem is about something really gross that actually happened to me yesterday. If you can't handle the creepy crawlies, don't read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful prompts! I hope to catch up soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in a perpetual state of catching up! I'm actually about to play a bit of catchup right now.

      Delete