Monday, October 5, 2015

As Taylor Swift says in her song "You are In Love"

"You understand now why they lost their minds and fought the wars
And why I've spent my whole life trying to put it into words"

That's a beautiful way to describe love because it's SO hard but so simple at the same time. That's the thing, love isn't simple, there are the ups and downs and so many layers of it. 
How do you capture a relationship? In photos or in words. You can look at a photo and find so many levels in it. But the poet takes that image and weaves it into the fabric of syllables and letters. 

Poetry Prompt:


Capture a relationship or a feeling. Show it. Don't just tell, show it. 

Need a jump start? Here's a few photos from over the years. What do you think those relationships are? 





All images copyright Beverly Tan 
See more at Facebook.com/beverlytanphotography or viewbug.com/member/bevtan 


Word Prompts: 
Love
Heartbreak
Tacenda- "things better left unsaid"
Basorexia - "The strong desire to kiss"

Sentence prompts: 
In a fleeting moment...
I saw in...

Wrote something? Share your poem with us by linking it in the comments and Tweet @beverlytanfilm and #octpowrimo so I see it!



2 comments:

  1. I used one of the pictures and I wrote about love. Other than that, I didn't follow the prompt very well.

    ReplyDelete