Saturday, October 24, 2015


“After nourishment, shelter and companionship, stories are the thing we need most in the world.” ― Philip Pullman
Photo by Bobby Mikul at PublicDomainPictures.net

Several years ago I was searching through the photos on PublicDomainPictures.net and came upon the above photo. I immediately started hearing a story poem that I ended up writing called Blind. Most of the time my poetry tends to be either how I am feeling or something from my life but sometimes, I enjoy writing story poetry.

Poetry Prompt:

Search through the photos at PublicDomainPictures.net until you find one that sparks a story poem for you.

Word Prompts:

Imaginary
tale
adventure
drama
fantasy

Poetry Type: 
With my poem, Blind, I chose to count syllables (I chose 4) and every line the same amount of syllables with the rhyming abcb format. You can choose to do the same as I did or you can go and choose a different type at ShadowPoetry.com 



PageLines- picture20193.jpgMorgan Dragonwillow is a poet, author, foodie, urban gardener, and recovering perfectionist, that (mostly) doesn't let her fears get in the way of her passion for writing and creating. She is team leader at @StoryDam, creatrix of  #OctPoWriMo You can find her Playing with Words on her blog. She lives in Marietta, Ga. with her loving and patient partner, their dog that thinks she's a princess, and the cat that reminds her that she isn't.
You can also find her on Google+

Make sure you sign up to receive our updates, tips and prompts to share in all the poetry fun!


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

1 comment:

  1. This prompt was too much of a coincidence after my drop in the ocean post, so I had to carry on with the story, hence the double link.

    ReplyDelete