Friday, October 23, 2015

A Drop in the Ocean

And now it's time to return to anarchy and break my streak of form prompts! Some of you are cheering, I feel it already.

Yūgen is a Japanese word pertaining to a profound awareness of the universe which evokes feelings that are inexplicably deep and too mysterious for words. 

Anyways today I'm thinking about the greatness and smallness of things in comparison to each other. Also about how small things fit as pieces to a whole.

It's all around, forest fires start from sparks, oceans are made of water drops. (There I go again with my element loving) but look around and take a moment to observe how the clothes you wear are made of tiny threats and the vastness of the sky. Try to count some of the billions of stars outside at night and realize that most of those are bigger than the sun, and there's SO many of them. But you're not just this tiny speck in space, you are a beautiful combination of tiny pieces of matter put together in a truly unique way.

Today I encourage you to think about those things as you write your poem of the day.

But of course, as always, this is just a friendly suggestion.

Word Prompts: 
Seascape
Harmony
Galactic

Sentence Prompts: 
Just a chip...
The spark lit...
And so we danced...

Photo of the day: 


Wrote something? Share it with the linky and of course tweet/instagram it to @beverlytanfilm so I can see it and retweet! Hope you're having fun! Also drop me a line about if you prefer forms or my crazy abstract rambles. 

Happy writing my loves <3 

2 comments:

  1. I love both types of prompt and often combine one of your ramble prompts with a suggested form. As I've already done today's poem, I shall save this one for a time when the muse needs a joggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, since I took that nice long hiatus in the middle of the month, I'm just happy to be getting anything out and onto the page! :D But I'm enjoying looking into the different forms for sure. I usually write very much free verse, so these prompts and forms are a good exercise.

    ReplyDelete