Monday, September 28, 2015

The Foundations

Something I've been seeing on Pinterest lately is poetry written on different materials. As an artist who dabbles in mixed media sometimes, I've been thinking about it a lot.
Here are some of the cool ones I've seen:

  • Writing on paint samples, about the colors it's on
  • Writing on balsa wood, I guess you have to be really careful to not mess up! 
  • Writing on different paper grades. 
  • A pizza box, about the love for pizza. 
One of my goals this month is to explore different materials and what I can draw from them. I always described my writing process as "an exploration of self and world" 

I've also found that I feel differences between hand writing my drafts and clicking away on my iPhone. Breakup poems almost always have to be handwritten for me, but lovely things about the stars are perfectly fine on the screen. 

Anyone else affected by their writing material? 
Share with us by commenting here or tweeting @beverlytanfilm #octpowrimo 

No comments:

Post a Comment