Thursday, March 13, 2014

Wild Abandon - Poetry Prompt

Photo by Anna Langova

I believe in the erotic and I believe in it as an enlightening force within our lives as women. I have become clearer about the distinctions between the erotic and other apparently similar forces. We tend to think of the erotic as an easy, tantalizing sexual arousal. I speak of the erotic as the deepest life force, a force which moves us toward living in a fundamental way. And when I say living I mean it as that force which moves us toward what will accomplish real positive change. ~ Audre Lorde

Poetry Prompt: 


We haven't had a prompt such as this before, is probably what you are thinking. Now I am not suggesting you write a poem that is x rated. I am suggesting you get in touch with your sensual side, the deep life force which Audre Lorde speaks of above. You can explore what sensuality means to you, or even create a sensual poem. Of course you can explore sensuality in your words, but just remember this is a G/PG site. Here is a poem I wrote years ago and shared in OctPoWriMo and in my book, Dancing within Shadow.

Emotions so full
to overflowing
stomach tightening
goosebumps prickling
butterflies flying
heart quickening
Palms sweating
head dizzying
mouth watering
tongue tasting
scents filling
touching skin
to skin
velvet
thick
warm
hot
sweat dripping
bodies moving
feeling turned
inside out
outside in
fingers twining
pulling
pushing
toes curling
eyes crossing
Mind numbing
mouths opening
to silent screams
soft moans
whimpers
groans
grunting
screaming out

bodies quivering
floating down
slowly moving
tender kisses
softly smiling
hands caressing
beyond reason
beyond doubt

I give the above poem as an example in case you needed one.

Word Prompt: Wild Abandon


Shadow Poetry Type: Licentia Rhyme form/type 


This is a blog hop! I am doing something different with this month's mini poetry challenge, I am sharing the same linky every day and you can link up every day that you have a poem. Share your poetry by coming back and linking up and then grab the link code and put it on your page. Visit your neighbors and share word love in the comments!




Remember I am having a Giveaway over at my blog and you can enter to win a $25 Amazon gift card as well as other prizes for participating in my Wild Woman Waking Book Tour Blog Hop! I hope to see you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment